Welcome :)


Welcome to my blog!

I am a freelance printed surface designer - I create artwork for use in fashion (womenswear mainly), interiors and stationary and created this blog to share my inspirations, work in progress, and design interests.

You can also follow me on http://pinterest.com/samwarren/ and have a glimpse of my printed surface portfolio on http://www.samanthawarren.me.uk/


Enjoy browsing! Thanks, Sam x

Tuesday 13 December 2011

I try my hand at jewellery!

I enrolled on a really great course at Flux Studio in Southwark.. I've been on the beginners course and wax casting course and have been really enjoying learning new skills and using a new medium to create my designs.
My style is very simple. Wearable shape, but attention to surface texture - rough, smooth, matte, polish etc. Really it's jut a collection for me. I never wore rings - but now I do :)






So - the wax casting process is very fun.
Start with a block of wax - you can get softer/harder wax. Different coloured wax represents this. I like blue wax. Green is harder.

working out my design. I decide on cubes

start sculpting the wax with files and any pointy sharp objects!

smooth it out. Tights and denim are good for this

Then I sent the wax to a casting company and they made my design in silver :) My first wax casting complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment